Thursday, June 3, 2010

Expectations and all that jazz

It seems that expectations are never met, either way.

One is too high; the standard set so the hoops you must jump through trip you more than guide you.

The other too low; want nothing, expect nothing, ask for nothing, receive and have mind blown.

Why can't we ever just have the expectation set for "do your best". And then have that actually meant.

No saying it and then harboring expectations regardless. Secret hopes or beliefs are just.... bullshit.

I know, I know. Human nature blah blah blah, has to happen that way with free thought blah blah blah.

I do it too... but....dammit....

I'm pissed, ok?

I'm sick of being thought of like an incompetent idiot by the same people that expect the sun and the moon to shine out of my fucking ass.




Look me in the eye,
Tell me what you really think.
The truth might hurt more,
But at least then you don't have to blink.
Those tears, they are refreshing,
The cool path they run on my heat.
They may seem utter sadness to you,
But to me, they are relief you just can't beat.

Trace the lines on my face,
They are welcome; wrinkle or salt.
So when you see my reaction to your truth,
There is no wrong, no fault.
So, hearing this testimony,
Do you still wish to pump more lies.
Doing so would mean the end of our song,
And the beginning of the terrible goodbyes.





Growing. It's tiresome, to say the least.

No comments: