Sunday, May 30, 2010

Loopholes, They Are Sexy

The roads to hell,
To suffering, pain,
Admonishment and broken minds,
Are not lined with gold
Or paved with pleasant gifts.

The roads to heaven,
To acceptance, peace,
Achievement and completeness,
Are not lined with ash
Or built in sorrow and hatred.

Nothing is completely polar,
Things are never what you are told.
Do not have preconceived notions
Do not let the world surprise you.
Give in. Let go. Free-fall.



So.. no punishment because we didn't FORGET to post. Posts were unable to be put up do to lack of internet.

We continue as normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to wrap this poem around in my mind. I knew and understood the meaning of it's words the first time I read it, but it was not untill I read it three more times, got up, opened a beer, came back that I started writing this. Most people grow up being told that there is a wrong and right way to do things. We are told that the good man's path is littered with pain and hard work, but in the end will eventually hold joy and promise. There is also this odd notion that by just ignoring our morals and ethics that we will find riches and pleasure.

The simple truth is that there is no right or wrong/hard or easy path. In my experiance, the only things that cause a persons life to spin into suffering is when they start to struggle and focus, ussually on the thing causing the suffering. All in all the best times in my life were when I just stopped trying to control everything and let go.

This poem speaks this truth to a t.

Rick said...

I very much agree. sorry my reply is short. Not feeling well