Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weary

We all get tired from time to time, it just happens. We don't mean it but every now and again through over exertion, illness, stress, or even weather change, we become weary. Me, I've been weary for the past five days. One night in the past five I've gotten a full nights rest, and being so tired all week is what caused me to miss my update yesterday. So once again it's time for me to accept punishment... For the next week I will writing articles, three of which will be chosen by Manda, and in my opinion, she's pushing the limit pretty far in this one.

So that's my excuse, I was tired, I had fallen asleep and woke up after the midnight mark. It was a possibility that I'd even miss today's article, as I can feel the drag, the allure of my bed. It's hard, working tired, not just kinda sleepy, exhausted. There is nothing in the world that would make you happier than to put your head down on that pillow, take a breath, and close your eyes. Nothing makes you smile except the thought of feeling that wave of relaxation wash over you as you just let your body shut down. It's so frustrating, so enraging to have to be up... So agonizing to have to keep moving, keep working, keep talking, keep alert. '

But you have to do it. It's not an excuse, not a good one. Tell someone you're tired, you're exhausted, they won't show much sympathy if you have responsibilities due. Keep chugging that cola, keep downing that energy drink, cause you have things to do and nobody cares if you're a little tired. At least, that's the way it feels. Being tired really warps your mood, your perspective. Everything in graining, everything annoys you. You find yourself sneering at friends and family, for doing nothing more than they normally to. But to you, so tired, so wanting of sleep, they're just annoyances that keep you up.

How do you deal with it? Push through. If you absolutely must stay up, that's all you can do. Try and keep the attitude inside, and once you can... get to a bed. It may be hard, the world may suck, and you might want everyone you know to just shut up, but once your head hits that pillow it'll all just wash away. Whatever you do, don't start counting the clock, once you start on a roll the adrenalin will kick in, motor reflexes and muscle memory will carry you through. As long as you don't dwell on how much longer you will be up, how long you have been up, your body will be able to accomplish on it's own what the mind can't. Once you're done, you can reward yourself, can finally just...

Sleep.

No comments: