Monday, March 22, 2010

Improving

The point of this site, for me anyway, was to get used to writing on a regular basis. Every other day I would have to write, no matter what. It's been nearly a month and I haven't missed a day, I'm proud of myself. And while I've written a few articles that people have thought were good, there are a few I've written I'm not very proud of at all. There are many reasons why, I rushed the article, didn't have my heart set on the topic, or I just couldn't put some thought to word.

So I of course started to think about actual improvement, moving forward, making progress. And isn't that one of the hardest things to do. Think about your job, do you always do your best? Do you always strive to be better than you were before, or do you do fall into a cycle of giving just whats needed to make it? Most of us fall into a cycle, not because we're lazy, unmotivated, or unable... But just because it's easier to follow the routine, and hard to break a routine once it's set.

So how do we strive to be better, how do we improve ourselves? It can be a daunting task really, this isn't like getting a job started, or finding the motivation to be creative... This is being better than you were just before. Taking a step up, and making sure you don't stumble back. Trying to keep yourself moving forward, bettering yourself always.

I want you all to do something for me, pick an aspect of your life... it can be small, it can be large, but I want you to try and improve yourself in that task. Put some extra effort into something, work or hobby, doesn't matter. Just try and be better than you were the day before, improve yourself a little bit...

Otherwise you'll just stick to the routine.

1 comment:

Rick said...

do I have time to think about what to improve??? I'll try :)