Friday, March 26, 2010

Cooking

There's something so soothing about being in the kitchen with raw ingredients set out in front of you. They are yours to form and create with, yours to turn into whatever may come out of your mind, your hands and your own creativity.

Follow an old family recipe, create your own, add an extra teaspoon of something or another. You rebel, you!

My favorite thing is to create sauce from scratch, adding the layers of tomatoes and herbs and stirring and simmering, letting the smell penetrate your home.

It's exciting and makes you expectant of the coming use of the very thing you are creating.

Am I the only one who feels this excitement when cooking?

I hope not because then I'd feel very odd. Far more odd than I already feel.

1 comment:

Rick said...

nope, I too am passionate about cooking, well more the herbs & spices used in cooking but anywho lol. you're not alone