Friday, May 21, 2010

Hope

A light went out,
Flickering until it lost the will.
It figured; ah the end,
And still it stood;
Dark.

Years and months,
Hours and minutes,
Seconds. Moments.
Not a movement.
Not a shadow.

Then, there it was!
Something brighter than light,
More alive than shadow,
Faster spreading than darkness.
Hope.

It lit.
It spread.
It consumed.
It conquered.
It dwelled.

What resistance could be found,
For something born in purity?
Nothing.
For it is, indeed, hopeless
To hope against hope.








Day two of punishment. I have to write for *edit* SEVEN days straight.
And yeah, I know my poem got a little uh.... iffy towards the end there. I'm in a weird mood. VERY tired.

If you have any adjectives or nouns to throw at me, please leave a message after the tone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. You rock.

Manda said...

...Huh what?

Rick said...

I think just like I, he enjoyed the poem :) it was awesome