Thursday, May 13, 2010

Draw A Line

Things were different then,
All laughs, smiles and glowing eyes.
Thought we could make it through anything.
We had no idea what we were up against.

Liars, thieves, stolen dreams;
They were what we found.
And as we watched,
Our naive natures got ripped apart.

But would we go back,
To the empty feeling of general happiness?
Become unaware again,
Unknowing of the truth in matters.

Is it better to splendor in ignorance,
Blissfully unaware of the pain, of reality?
Or to suffer, to waste, to overcome,
To know what it is we face and to beat it, head on?

Things are different now,
All tired glances, tilted lips and dull eyes.
But now we know we can make it through anything.
We faced the horrors and know what we're up against.

6 comments:

Rick said...

very vivid imagery in this poem, I absolutely love it

Manda said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

You answer your own question when you say "But now we know we can make it through anything." *hugs* This is probably my favorite poem of yours that I've read so far. -- Jonathan

Manda said...

Well, it answers it to some people. But aren't there those out there who would prefer never knowing they would HAVE to make it through anything?

But you're right. It's true for me. I value strength over comfort.

*hugs*

And thank you... about this being your favorite. That means a lot coming from you.

Anonymous said...

Love this. Lots of people would rather just float through everything. I have learned that I would prefer to grow and learn, and fight, and love. I have you to blame for that. :p

Manda said...

I'm glad I could do that for you, love. Keep pushing forward.