Sunday, May 23, 2010

All Questions Have Answers

When you find that you
Know more of what you are not
Than what you are, run.






When you are not what you were,
When you live and you defer,
When your mind is all blank,
When you have no one to thank...
Is it easy?

If you had stayed by my side,
If you hadn't run to hide,
If you knew not to idly amble,
If you didn't leave in shambles...
Could we have lasted?

While you're off in your world,
While you're plans all unfurled,
While you wince at the smoke,
While you cough, cry and choke....
Do you regret?

Did you realize it's the past,
Did you know we couldn't last,
Did you dash while you were able,
Did you find something else stable...
Now that you're gone?

Are you writing that book,
Are you still a bad cook,
Are you tossing and turning,
Are you missing or yearning...
Somehow I doubt it.

While you were gone,
Someone else came along.
Showed me how to live,
Told me I have everything to give.
So I guess it was your loss.

1 comment:

Rick said...

VERY strong emotion in this piece, I really enjoyed it. I hope you got it all out though so you feel better :)